Hello! Here at Kaitlyn McEntire Photography (based online here at http://www.kaitlynmcentirephotography.com), I take your privacy very seriously, and, since you’re here, I know that you’re serious about it too. This page is here to help you know what personal information I collect on this website, how it’s collected, security measures to keep it safe, and how you can go about granting or revoking your consent for the collection and/or use of that information.
Generally, kaitlynmcentirephotography.com collects your personal information when you provide it. When you choose to provide your personal information, you are giving me permission to use it for the purposes outlined below (spoiler: it’s all used to help me serve you better). If you choose not to provide your personal information, you might be limited in how you can use this website.
1. What personal data I collect and why I collect it
When you, as Kaitlyn McEntire Photography’s visitor, fill out the contact form (found on the “Reach Out” page), I collect the information provided in that contact form. This data is only used to respond to your inquiry. Do keep in mind, however, that the information sent via my contact form is NOT encrypted, so I would strongly encourage you NOT to include any sensitive information (i.e. Social Security numbers, credit card numbers, or bank account information) in this (or any other) contact form. All electronic messages (aka e-mails) from this contact form will be deleted when no longer needed.
If you leave a comment on any of Kaitlyn McEntire Photography’s blog posts, I collect the data shown in the comments form, as well as your IP address and browser user agent string. This helps with spam detection. This data may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
www.kaitlynmcentirephotography.com collects and temporarily stores certain information about your visit to help me to better align our content and the website design with your needs. The information these cookies collect includes:
- The domain you access our website from
- Your computer’s IP address
- The date and time you accessed the site
- The operating system of your computer
- The browser you’re using to access our site
- The Universal Resource Locators (URLs) of the pages you visit on our website
- Your username, if you’ve logged into the site (to make a comment, for example)
- The URL of site you came from, if you clicked a link there that brought you to my website
I may share this information internally with Kaitlyn McEntire Photography employees or third-party contractors as needed. This information is only used to improve the website and enhance our visitors’ experience. Raw data logs are only retained temporarily for site management purposes.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites will behave in the exact same way as if you had visited the other website.
2. How long I retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so I can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
Cookies are stored for one year.
3. What rights you have over your data
At any time, you can contact me at email@example.com and do the following:
- Ask for a list of the personal information I have about you – if any.
- Request a change, correction, or deletion of your personal information.
- Request that I avoid collecting anything in the future (opt-out).
This does not include any data I am obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
If you do not wish to have cookies stored on your machine, you have the option to turn cookies off in your browser. However, keep in mind that turning off cookies may impact your experience on my website as well as impact how other websites you visit store browser cookies as well.
Whenever I collect sensitive information (such as credit card information), the information is encrypted and securely transmitted. You can confirm this by looking for the ‘lock’ icon in the browser address bar, and also confirm that the URL link starts with ‘https.’
4. How I protect your data
I take the security of your personal information very seriously. To ensure that the information I collect here on my website is secure and inaccessible by anyone outside of what I allow, I do the following:
- Use internal access controls so only limited personnel have access to your information (this is rarely anyone besides me).
- Anyone with access to user information is trained on all relevant security and compliance policies.
- Servers that store visitor information are regularly backed up to protect against loss.
- All information is secured through modern security technologies like secure socket layer (SSL), encryption, firewalls, and secure passwords.
All access safeguards described above are in place to prevent unauthorized access by outsiders to information stored on or transmitted by my systems.