Hello, friends! If I could meet all of you in person, I would, but in the meantime, what we’ve got is this page to get you acquainted with me. So imagine with me that we meet for the first time – maybe at the library, or grocery store, maybe we’re at church together, or at a mutual friend’s home. We strike up a conversation, of course, because you’re just an amazing soul of a person. And from that conversation, you learn a random assortment of some of these random facts about my beautiful, crazy life:
- I’m the oldest of SIX kids, so crazy kids don’t phase me in the slightest, and motherhood feels like something I’ve loved and imitated since I was a little girl.
- I am SO proud of all my family – my handsome husband and precious little daughter most of all.
- Favorite dessert? Prolly anything with caramel. Or raspberries.
- My husband & I are CRAZILY similar – eldest, Colorado natives, BYU Engineering alum, served missions in Brazil, board games geeks (Scythe is our go to, if that tells you how nerdy we are 🤣), Star Wars and Lord of the Rings obsessed.. the list goes on and ONN.
- I think that birth is one of the most beautiful miracles of life.
- I LOVE meeting new people, and LIVE to serve.
Eventually, the conversation floats around to photography, and I officially tell you that I’m a birth and motherhood photographer, based in Fruit Heights, Utah. Of course, you ask me how I got into it, and I tell you the classic photographer creation story of how I just loved playing around with my parent’s camera ever since I was young and LOVE how photography captures those fleeting moments of life (don’t we all hate how those pass so quickly, and love how photos can help us relive those precious, beautiful, everyday moments?) So, I finally got my own camera a few years ago, started up a business, and tada! Here I am!
But what I hope I’ll get to tell you is that it’s not the act of capturing moments in a photograph that makes this business thing worth it for me – it’s that I am ADDICTED and feel CALLED to serving, loving, learning from, and empowering INCREDIBLE WOMEN AND MOTHERS , and I feel that photography is the best way that I can do that right now.
Most of all, in whatever conversation we have, I hope you feel that I CARE – sincerely and deeply – about YOU: your life, your family, your goals, dreams, fears, and aspirations. And I hope that all that makes you want to be friends with me just as much as I want to be friends with you.
*Deep, happy breath* Even that imagined conversation felt good, huh? With any luck, we’ll get to have this get-to-know-each other, become-friends-in-a-moment conversation in person sometime soon, and we talk about how I can serve you and what beautiful moments you want captured in your family! All you have to do is reach out to me via my contact page, here!
Not sure you have a moment to be captured? Check out some examples of Birth, Fresh 48, Lifestyle Newborn, In-Home and Outdoor Family, Senior, and Engagement Sessions I’ve had in my portfolio. Not ready to meet quite yet? Give me a follow on Instagram and/or Facebook, and keep up to date with my latest and greatest thoughts, work, and dreams.